Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

somehow i got the gift of having mother's day brunch with my whole family at Amber Indian restaurant at Santana Row. It was soooo good.

http://www.amber-india.com/SantanaRow/home.htm

food: four stations, grilled, a soup/ noodle station, huge dessert station, grill inside! and giant pineapples for Mama Tai's and champagne flowing freely.

dress: hard not to stare at the beauty surrounding me. women with their finest Indian saris and tops, bindis with jewels, the colors of turqoiuse and fuschia and dandelion.


three hours later i am still full, dreading any thought of cooking dinner. i am thinking of a beer and a salad. ok maybe just a salad!


the spice of the food hits my body in the same way the beauty of all the color does. it makes me want to soak it in and feel alive and full. full of love, knowledge, spirit.

i'm not a Hindu, but i love the idea of the bindi and the third eye. perhaps this summer i will again use the warm months to remember the spirit in me. do more yoga, be calm inside and out. 

my daughter gave me my mother's day gift wrapped in hot pink tissue paper.
i think i will tape it up by my desk to remind me of the passion for life i have.

No comments:

Post a Comment