Friday, May 07, 2010

Letter writing group!

I was searching for online e courses on photography after hearing about one from a friend. This one is called Abbey of the Arts. It was full up till next session. So, page after page I found a link on the side of this blog: http://aliceinparislovesartandtea.blogspot.com/  and saw a letter writing campaign:
http://artfulpenpals.blogspot.com/ I love it!
Writing real letters to people and receiving them! Sounds nuts, but it's kind of a cool, old fashioned "Griffin and Sabine" kind of idea. Using our creative side to make a letter for someone halfway or more around the world. It satisfies the desire to use beautiful stickers, paper, penmanship, and even makes me want to write with careful thought and wording. I don't know the last time I got a real letter that wasn't a card. I really hope I get to do this. If not I'll have to find a penpal some other way who also wants to write cool artsy letters.  Maybe I'll meet a nice lady in England this summer and I can start a penpal that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment